I discussed the slow decrease in MSIE6 browser share earlier today, but it is not occurring fast enough for my liking. It is a browser from what seems like a generation ago.
To give you some idea of why MSIE6 should gently euthanized, when it was a shiny new browser:
- Facebook, MySpace, GMail, and YouTube did not exist
- You could count the number of bloggers (remember them?) on one hand
- UserLand was the primary blogging tool. Or a text editor.
- Scoble didn't work for Microsoft
- Excite and AltaVista were still viable search engines
Is it too early to write a redirect rule to direct MSIE6 users to a page telling them to upgrade to view content?
[Image courtesy of CreativeBits]